There are volumes of information about Isopropyl Alcohol. It has been around forever, it is used in every hospital, and most households have a bottle of it to clean wounds, electronics, and many other uses. We did not invent alcohol, we just discovered its potency and its potential for widespread benefit to society. For your reference, you may consult guidelines published by the CDC, EPA, FDA, OSHA, and NSF to name a few. Below are some links. We have focused on Covid-19, but you will be surprised how many viruses and bacteria it will kill. You will also find it is very safe with the flammability removed.
ALTHOUGH HIGH LEVEL DISINFECTANTS WORK WELL, THEY HAVE SOME MAJOR DISADVANTAGES
The CDC Guideline for Disinfection and Sterilization in Healthcare Facilities, 2008, discusses the advantages and disadvantages of High Level Disinfectants (Table 5) and sterilization technologies (Table 6). Although most of these work very well, they have some major disadvantages which include:
- Material Incompatibility – may cause damage to the surface.
- Potential for eye sensitivity or damage.
- Potential for skin sensitivity or damage.
- Pungent odor – may cause respiratory distress.
- Slow spirocidal activity – killing takes a long time.
- Carcinogenic – cancer causing.
- May leave moisture causing rust.
- Deleterious to heat-sensitive instruments.
- Toxicity – Hydrogen Peroxide Gas and Ethylene Oxide (ETO).
- Storage requirements such as temperature.
ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL IS VERY SAFE THE WAY LEVEL4DEFENSE APPLIES IT
The Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) defines the hazards:
- Flammable liquid and vapor
- Our process, through our machine, removes the flammability and converts the alcohol into a flame retardant that will extinguish a fire.
- Causes eye irritation
- Because of the micro-meter sized mist, the amount of alcohol in the spray is minimized so eye irritation is negligible.
- May cause skin irritation
- Because we spray the alcohol and it evaporates quickly, there is almost no skin contact.
- Contains material that may cause target organ damage, based on animal data
- This only occurs when the alcohol is consumed/ingested into the body.
The Final Step
We will place our sticker “Sanitized and Disinfected by Level4Defense” near every entrance that has a window. We have gotten very positive feedback as customers notice the sticker and feel much more comfortable entering the environment. It is a great way to show you care about the health and safety of your customers.